When you receive a harassing call, you can dial a simple code to trace the source of that call for the Cooperative.
Call Trace gives Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc. the authority to provide this information to the appropriate law enforcement agency. It is up to the subscriber to pursue any legal action. Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc. will not provide any information pertaining to the trace to the subscriber.
1. When you get a nuisance call, press and quickly release the “switchhook.” Listen for a special dial tone.
2. If you’ve already hung up, just lift the handset again and listen for a normal dial tone.
3. Press *57 (On a rotary phone, dial 1157.)
4. Listen for a confirmation announcement that the last call has been traced.
5. Hang up. 6. Report trace to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
7. The number you traced will be recorded at the Cooperative. If you decide to follow up on the matter, Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc. will provide that number to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
You will be billed $1.00 per trace.