You can use your telephone without missing other calls. A special tone alerts you to a waiting call when you are on the phone; the person calling you hears normal ringing. You can then place your current call on temporary hold and answer the new call.
Plus, you have the option of turning CALL WAITING off before making a call. This is especially useful for those times when you don’t want your call interrupted or when you are using a computer on the line.
To answer a waiting call:
1. When you’re on the phone, a special tone tells you a second call is waiting.
2. If you don’t answer the call within 10 seconds, another “beep” reminds you it’s there.
3. Simply press and quickly release the “switchhook” or press the flashbutton to automatically place your first call on hold.
4. You are automatically connected with the second caller.
To alternate between callers:
1. Simply press and quickly release the “switchook” or press the flashbutton to alternate between calls.
To end either call:
1. Hang up.
2. Your telephone will ring.
3. When you answer it, you’ll be connected with the remaining caller.
To “turn off” CALL WAITING before making a call:
1. Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
2. Press *70
3. Listen for the confirmation tone.
4. Dial the telephone number you wish to call. Now, your call will not be interrupted by the Call Waiting tone. Other callers will hear a busy signal.
5. After you hang up, Call Waiting automatically “turns on” again.
To “turn off” CALL WAITING during a call: (You must subscribe to Three-Way Calling to use this feature.)
1. Press and release the “switchhook” or press the flashbutton.
2. Press *70 (On a rotary phone, dial 1170.)
3. Listen for the confirmation tone. You’ll automatically be reconnected to your call.
4. After you hang up, Call Waiting automatically “turns on” again.