See who’s calling before you answer the phone.
When you receive a call, the name of the person calling you is shown on your Caller ID display screen.
- When you receive a call, wait until your telephone completes the first ringing signal.
- The name of the person calling you—in Cooperative records—will automatically appear on your display screen.
- If you choose to answer the call, the name will remain on the screen until you or the caller hangs up.
- Subscription to Calling Number or Name requires the lease or purchase of a display telephone or an add-on display unit.
- If the “P” or “Private” appears on your screen, the caller may have blocked the display of their name and/or number by pressing *67 before placing the call. You can choose whether or not to answer the call.
- If “unknown name,” “unknown number,” “out of area,” or “0” appears, the caller is in an area that does not support Calling Number or Name services.