When you’re talking with someone, you can add a third person to the call. It’s easy to coordinate family schedules or hold a telephone conference with business colleagues.
To add a third person to the call:
1. Press and quickly release the “switchhook” or press the flashbutton to place the first person on hold.
2. Listen for the dial tone.
3. Dial the third person’s phone number. (If you have speed calling, you may dial one of your codes instead.)
4. When the third person answers, you can talk privately before making it a three-way conversation.
5. To make the three-way connection, press and quickly release the “switchhook” or press the flash button. You can now talk with both people at the same time.
To cancel the three-way connection:
1. If the third person did not answer or you wish to disconnect them, just press and quickly release the “switchhook.” You’ll be reconnected to the person holding.
2. Or, if either of the two people hang up, you can continue talking with the remaining person.
To end the call completely, simply hang up.